Saturday, February 7, 2009

About the Update

Dear Good Shepherd,

I realize, after the fact, that I totally forgot to send out a weekly update yesterday...sorry. I gave a talk at BU's Intervarsity Fellowship last night and I was thinking about that most of the day and I totally blanked out.

In any case things are going very well with the Diocese of Syracuse. I'll talk more about this at the beginning of class tomorrow.

Christian Educaiton: Christ and Culture: tomorrow will begin a look at Pluralism and Relativism...these two concepts are very much related to one another and we'll hopefully be able to cover all the material tomorrow. If you are interested I wrote a four part lecture series on this last year for a conference. You can find the lecture texts here:

Part I Mere Christianity in a Pluralist World:
Part II
Part III
Part IV

International Feast: Be sure to be there tomorrow for the International Feast Day...there will be dishes served from all over the world...well not actually "from" all over the world...we'll be cooking them here but the recipees are from all over the world. This feast is in honor of the BU students but it should also be a lot of fun, so whether you are cooking something or just eating, please stay after the 10:30am service tomorrow and enjoy.

Okay, I think that that covers all of the very important information to pass on.

God bless you and I'll see you tomorrow.

In Christ,
Matt

No comments: