I do not think I'll have time to get a full update out this week. I usually write it on Thursdays but Anne and the baby should be coming home today and there and there are a number of other important things that will take up some time. But, here are some brief items for you to be aware of:
1. The funeral for Norma Swoffer, Carmen's mom, will be held at Good Shepherd this Saturday at 10am. We are so thankful for Norma's life among us and thankful for her new life in the presence of Christ. Please pray that Jesus will console and comfort Carmen, Albert and the rest of her family.
2. Chris Jones is cooking for men's breakfast and bible study tomorrow
3. There will be Systematic Theology on Saturday at 3:30pm
4. This Sunday we'll move from to discuss "intelligent design". Here's a great website to check out in order to learn more about ID
5. I am still getting Ife's sermon from last week loaded up. We ran into some tech problems but those are gone now.
6. There will be Christmas pageant meetings coming up this next week. We will call around to set up a meeting--so be sure to check your phone messages.
7. The worship committee is looking for a music minister and we trust that God has someone already set apart for that task. In the meantime we need to prepare for Christmas services. So in the next week or so, I'll be calling those who have signed up for choir to begin practicing for the Christmas service to set up a time to practice.
8. Here are some more pictures of the new baby.
May God bless you all...